Monday, June 1, 2009

Wrinkles in the Rearview Mirror

. Wrinkles in the Rear view Mirror

It sounds like a country song but it is my new found realization...I have wrinkles and they are enhanced when I study them in the rear view mirror of my car.


Later this month I turn 39 years of age. The past several years has presented its own unique challenges: from leaving a great job to manage a dysfunctional and out of control group at a leading litigation support provider in the Metro/DC region (one day I will share the stories and there are plenty of them to create a Movie of the Month) to watching my dad almost die from bird poop (Histoplasmosis). The kicker came in 2008 when a company consolidation of redundant marketplaces = bye, bye management job. The once youthful Greg has really started to show the signs of age and very quickly.

After working in the yard this weekend with the late spring sun beating down on me I woke up this Monday morning with a nice tan. While sitting in traffic I notice white lines on my forehead and around my eyes. These were tan lines caused by wrinkles on my face. They are: Wrinkles in the Rear view Mirror. The song is a work in progress but will begin like this:

One day your 18 and the next you are 38,

You look in the rear-view mirror and see the lines that define,

They are the Wrinkles in the Review Mirror of Life.

Cue up the Banjo!

.....To be continued....




No comments:

Post a Comment